Monday, March 15, 2010

brackets.

The top 3 events each year:

Christmas
4th of July (and all of the summer vacation)
March Madness

I love March Madness!

The brackets were announced yesterday. I have goosebumps!

March Madness = Gambling

Straight bets, Parlays and Teasers! Oh the excitement!

Last year I tried to not make any plays -- it didn't work.

It won't happen this year for several reasons:
I promised Leah I wouldn't : )
The Church says we shouldn't gamble
I'm completely broke -- actually broker than broke is more accurate.

Despite the lack of gambling excitement this year I found something else to add a new element to things.

Last year Colin Cowherd of "The Herd" on ESPN added a twist to March Madness -- he set up a bracket that involved cereal. Honey Nut Cheerios defeated Frosted Flakes in the finals!

This year he has proposed superhero/villain bracket.

It's a great addition to the excitement of the standard March Madness!

As I listened to Cowherd talk about his superhero/villain bracket my mind immediately thought of the scriptures and a potential scripture bracket!!!

I decided to stick with this years CES book of scripture: Book of Mormon

Let's take a look at the field of 32 in this years bracket:

*Let's not forget that I have no job, no life and my girlfriend lives 2000 miles away -- time is plentiful.


I have set up two regions; the righteous and the wicked.

At the end of the first round of the real tournament I will post the results from my first round of the Book of Mormon Madness bracket!

Let me know who you think should make it through the first round!

1 comment:

  1. Alma the Younger & Moroni need to be in the top 4 for sure! haha I love that you did this :)

    ReplyDelete