Tuesday, March 16, 2010

waiting.


"Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith." (Mosiah 23:21)

Why would Heavenly Father try our patience and faith?

Every time my patience has been tried I have had two options :

Man up - find some extra faith somewhere and use it as an opportunity for growth
Mope - ignore the situation and just endure it

I've done both.
Well, actually I've done both and then every version possible in between the two.

The typical Sunday School answer is that we need to man up and find the faith necessary to use the "trying" situation as an opportunity for growth.

Sunday School answers are funny because I think they need further clarification.

I want to know 'how'.

HOW am I supposed to find the faith necessary to make a trying situation something positive -- while I am in the middle of the situation?

I feel like my life is one giant patience trying situation at the moment.

I'm waiting - waiting - waiting.






1 comment:

  1. I think it has more to do with your attitude about the problem than the problem itself. How are you going to deal with the problem...beat yourself up or totally rely on the Lord? You've heard...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade...same concept.

    ReplyDelete