Sunday, March 7, 2010

Not alone.

What do you do when times are tough?

I've handled hard times in a variety of ways :
  • Stop thinking and pretend like nothing is wrong -- this typically is only a short term solution.
  • Sleep -- also only a short term solution, eventually your body just cant sleep anymore and when you wake up, not much has changed.
  • Turn to friends & family
"Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." (D&C 121:9)

The Lord told this to Joseph Smith during a time of great difficulty.

I heard this scripture tonight and thought of all the times I have struggled in my life and the people the Lord sent me during those times -- family, friends, mentors and leaders.

I have been blessed in spades with individuals who have helped me in moments of despair.

Things have been hard since I moved to Virginia.

Even with my family here there have been times of incredible loneliness. Times when I felt like I couldn't handle the trials placed before.

I have been blessed with a wonderful family. My parents have been a tremendous support. I have met other YSA, leaders, youth, missionaries and others that have helped me in my struggles.

But I think the biggest thing I have learned since moving back home is that the Savior is a friend. He is a friend who understands exactly how I feel and wants to help me.

When we allow Him -- He can be our greatest friend and support.

I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment